This is the implementation of atmospheric scattering. It has multiple scattering as well as ground scattering for terrain. It is based on the paper of Eric Brunton. Here is a couples of screenshot:
And this is it in action:
- For large view: follow this link
- Watch it here:
* Demo breakdown:
- Deferred shading is used to achieve better and faster rendering than forward rendering. Lighting calculation was done in camera space and optimized using stencil masking.
- Atmospheric scattering was computed based on pre-computed textures: transmittance, irradiance, and inscatter. It has multiple scattering for more realistic color.
- Sun scattering color was blend with terrain texture to create realistic color with respect to sun position during the day.
- SSAO was added for more realism and give a sense of depth for the scene.
2 months ago